Billings Delivery Driver and General Labor (Part-Time)
Accepting applications until filled
The Yellowstone Valley Food Hub is a grower’s cooperative based in Billings, MT. It was conceived by a vision of changing the local food network and its systems by a small group of passionate agricultural producers in 2019 and has been growing to meet the demands of the local market steadily. The Hub sells locally produced agricultural products primarily through an online sales platform aimed at the direct to consumer market in Billings, Red Lodge, and surrounding areas. The Hub markets, aggregates, and distributes local meat, veggies, eggs, dairy, and value-added products on a weekly basis year round.
The YV Food Hub is looking for an enthusiastic, communicative, and detail oriented problem solver to join our team! If you have a passion for helping local farmers expand their market opportunities, are excited about the local food movement, and have excellent organizational skills we would love to hear from you!
This position is part time with hours on Thursdays as well as potential hours on Wednesday and Friday. Potential growth in these hours as business grows and potential increased hours seasonally.
A commercial Driver’s License (CDL) is not required for this job
Applicants are required to have a valid driver’s license and will be subject to an individual Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) upon hiring to verify status and driving history
Position Summary: As a Delivery Driver and General Laborer for the YVFH, you will play a crucial role in ensuring that our customers and community partners receive their orders in a timely and efficient manner. In addition to supporting weekly aggregation, you will be responsible for delivering a variety of fresh and local food products to homes and designated pickup locations. The ideal candidate should be customer-focused, safety-conscious, and committed to our cooperative's mission. This position involves physical labor (must be able to lift up to 40lbs) and requires a high level of attention to detail, problem solving, and logistics.
- Assist in product check in and organization for weekly aggregation
- Support General Manager and producers in weekly aggregation activities
- Safely operate and maintain delivery vehicles.
- Support General Manager in planning delivery routes to optimize efficiency and ensure timely deliveries.
- Load and unload products in a safe and organized manner.
- Maintain accurate delivery records and collect payments when necessary.
- Provide exceptional customer service and represent the cooperative positively.
- Communicate with customers to coordinate delivery times and locations.
- Handle and resolve delivery-related issues or inquiries professionally.
- Ensure all deliveries are completed in accordance with established safety and quality standards.
- Adhere to all traffic laws and safety regulations.
- Valid driver's license and a clean driving record.
- Previous experience as a delivery driver is a plus.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Knowledge of local roads and neighborhoods is beneficial.
- Physical ability to lift and carry packages of varying weights..
- Must be able to work in various weather conditions.
- Required to lift, carry, and transport goods of various sizes and weights.
- Interaction with members and the public is an integral part of the role.
- Competitive hourly wage starting at $15/hr (dependent on experience)
- Opportunities for growth within the cooperative
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
How to Apply: If you are passionate about local food and want to be part of a team dedicated to supporting the community, we encourage you to apply for the Billings Delivery Driver position at YVFH. To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and 2-3 references to email@example.com with the subject line “Billings Delivery Application, [DATE]”
YVFH is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and supportive work environment for all employees. Email response will be provided within a week and successful candidates will be approached for an interview. This position advertisement is posted until the position is filled.